The Board Student Welfare
The Vision of the Loknete Vyankatrao Hiray College under SPPPune University is student centric. College boasts of near about 4000 students, which represents 80% of SC/ST students. The Board of Students Welfare truly represents this vision that is multidimensional as well as multifaceted. This vision sees the youth as a source of strength where their energy is harnessed to nation building and socially relevant activities to build an egalitarian society. The Board of Students’ Welfare (BSW) looks after the protection of rights and supervises the welfare activities of the students of the College. BSW promotes and co-ordinates the different students’ activities for better corporate life. BSW tries to nurture students’ mental, physical, cultural growth with various activities to improve their overall personality development and to make them civilized Indian citizens to compete in the globalized world. The functioning of Board of Student Welfare is based on the great Educationist & Social Activist Karmveer Bhaurao Patil & Shikshan Maharshi Karmveer Bhausaheb Hiray. The Board of Student Welfare of the college works in association with the Student Welfare council, Savitribai Phule Pune University. The Board implements number of welfare schemes for the students under the University guidelines.
Objectives of the Board
- National Integration
- Character building
- Social service
- All round personality development of the students through Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
Schemes Implemented by the Board
- Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Earn and Learn Scheme.
- Special Guidance Scheme for SC/ST students
- Personality Development scheme for girl students
- Nirbhaya Kanya Scheme
- Accidental Insurance Policy Scheme
Special Features of the Board
- Avails information of State and Central Govt. schemes and scholarships for the students.
- Facilitates the participation of students in various inter-university competitions.
- Executes student council election.c
- Provides financial support to needy students who aspire to pursue higher education.
- Encourages students for self employment.
- Cultivates work culture and enhances dignity of labor.
- Provides financial assistance through Group Insurance.
- Implementation of various Schemes of the SPPU-BSW
Student Welfare Officers of the College
G.M.D.Art’s,B.W.Comm and Science College Sinnar
The Anti-Ragging Committee is established to prevent ragging in the College.
|1||Principal Dr. J.D.Sonkhaskar||Chairperson|
Achievements of the BSW
- Participation in One Act Play
- Death Insurance Claim Settlement
- Increase in the Beneficiaries of the Earn & Learn Scheme
- Students Participation in Swachha Bharat Abhiyan & Social Activities
- Prathamesh Jadhav & his team achieved the Awards for One Act Play Killer
- Sagar Jagtap & other Students participated in the Workshop of Disaster Management
- Samadhan Shelake participated in the Workshop on Role of NCC in Nation Building.
- Students contributed in the Kumbh Mela of Nashik.
- To encourage the students for participation in innovative Schemes.
- To start Student Co-operative Store.
- To encourage Student for the benefits of various schemes
- The Board is planning to organize Workshop.